How to check admission? The management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stimulated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where the UTME and the Direct Entry candidates can also accept or reject their admission offer.
As part of JAMB new admission policy being recognized, all the admission would be done online through the Central Admissions Processing System also known as (CAPS). subsequently, all the candidates seeking an admission into the Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. They are hereby advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal in order to check their admission status. Also to therefore indicate the acceptance or rejection of their admission offer.
Some of the institutions may not publish the list of candidates that have been admitted into their various Programmes on their own portal rather on the notice board. So, admission seekers are sorely advised to continually check their JAMB CAPS to track their admission status to be confirmed.
please also note: when once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other of the schools’ admission consideration. Alternatively, if you reject the admission offer, you become available to other schools who have the free admission slots for admission consideration to be given to you.
What is meant by JAMB CAPS?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an official platform created to confirming quality control, clearness and credibility of the admission process as well.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is also expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where all the Nigerian institutions can also go and ‘request for the students in Nigeria who scored their cut off points as usual.’
The system is such that institutions would be able to only admit only those who meet their cut off points. Therefore, if a candidate fails to meet up with the cut off mark of the institution, that student would also certainly be deprived of admission regardless of the candidate’s connection he has.
- Visit to JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Input your Email Address & Password in the required columns and then login to the site.
- Then you can locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- You have to select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Transfer Approval‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Accept‘ or the ‘Reject‘ button to accept/reject the course transfer that was previously needed.
- Visit the JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Make sure to supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login in the site.
- Locate and click on the ‘Check Admission Status ‘option.
- Select your examination year and supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS ‘option.
- Select the ‘Admission Status ‘on the left panel.
- Then locate and click on the ‘Search ‘button that is in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile in the JAMB CAPS.
- Then you can now accept/reject your admission offers under ‘Admission Profile’.
NB: Acceptance or the rejection of admission offer is more free!
Candidates who have been offered admission on JAMB CAPS are to equally print their admission letter after the accepting of the admission, as they will be likely need this during the clearance and registration in the school that they have been admitted.