JAMB CUT OFF MARKS: JAMB approved cut-off marks for 2020/2021.

JAMB GIVE INSTITUTIONS DIRECTION
JAMB Change of Course / Institution
Spread the love

JAMB CUT OFF MARKS: JAMB approved cut-off mark for 2020/2021.

JAMB CUT OFF MARKS: Joint Admission and Matriculation Board JAMB approved 160 as the cut-off mark for 2020/2021 university institution. The board has also approved 120 as cut-off marks for Polytechnic and 100 for all the College of Education and all the Innovative institutions.

The Registrar, JAMB board, Is-haq Oloyede, disclosed this on Tuesday during the 2020 policy meeting on the admissions to all the tertiary institutions which was held virtually this year.

Oloyede the JAMB board registrar alerted the management of universities not to charge above N2000 for the admission screening exercise.

The registrar has been further informed that a total of six hundred and twelve thousand, five hundred and fifty-seven (612, 557) candidates were offered provisional admission in 2019 and about five hundred and ten thousand nine hundred and fifty-seven (510,957) admission spaces were unused by tertiary institutions in 2019.

Oloyede noted that only One million one hundred and fifty-seven thousand, nine hundred and seventy-seven (1,157,977) candidates had the required no of five credits with English and Mathematics that sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations last year in 2019.

In his opening address, the Registrar said: “Out of the 1,157,977 candidates who sat for the UTME in 2019, about only 612,557 were admitted into their choice of institution. ” Oloyede noted that the candidates waiting for their results will only be considered when they are uploaded on the official website.

ALSO GIVEN INFORMATION.

In his remarks, Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu directed JAMB and the tertiary institutions to progress with the conduct of 2020/2021 admissions process. The admission processes are hereby expected to commence in August based on the guidelines that has been released by JAMB board.

Represented by the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, Adamu urged JAMB and all the tertiary institutions to consider candidates with the previous year’s Senior School Certificate Examination and other qualifying results, to proceed with the admission process.

He said that the government will make an arrangement that will accommodate the applicants who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is been worked out.

The minister said: “As the major stakeholders, we must mutually come up with reactions that would rearrange our Programmes to these new realities.

“While these reactions are being modified to check their dimensions and capabilities to withstand the new reality, JAMB and the tertiary institutions could take perfection of the current situation and then consider candidates with the previous year’s Senior School Certificate Examination and other qualifying results, in other to proceed with the admission process.

“Whatever arrangement that the country comes up with in the long run, will surely accommodate those who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is worked out,” he said.

get more information at WWW.MYCARDPIN.COM.NG 

 

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. FUGUS Cut Off Mark-Federal University Gusau official marks 2020/2021

Share your thought about this Post