Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Admission Screening Exercise Guidelines for 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Screening Exercise Guidelines: This is to inform candidates who choose the Ebonyi State University-EBSU as their first choice of institution that the Post UTME Form for 2020 is yet to be released by the school Authority
1. General Provisions:
This is to inform all candidates that the Admission Exercise for the 2020/2021 Academic Session would be conducted on the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
- JAMB has approved that 1st choice Admission Exercise would be conducted from August 21st – November 15, 2020, while 2nd choice admission will be conducted from November 17 to December 2020 this is because of the virus “CoronaVirus”.
- Credit passes in O’level English Language and Mathematics respectively shall continue to form part of the mandatory general entry requirements for the 2020/2021 admission/registration into all EBSU regular undergraduate programmes.
- EBSU will not write Post UTME Examination in 2020/2021 admission exercise.
- Admission/Registration of candidates into undergraduate programmes of Faculty of Law and Medicine/Anatomy respectively shall continue to be based on possession of all relevant O’level entry requirements at one sitting.
- Candidates are to score a minimum of 160 in the concluded UTME Examination
- PDS with a minimum score of 160.
- The NUC approved admission carrying capacity for EBSU remains 5117
- There shall be no recommendation/admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes on Awaiting Result basis. For the avoidance of doubt, no candidate who fails to present a ready qualifying statement of result or certificate as evidence of the fulfilment of prescribed entry requirements for admission through UTME or Direct Entry (D/E) shall be recommended/selected, admitted or registered provisionally.
- In addition to other stipulated criteria for supplementary admission, no successful pre-degree graduate without a minimum UTME score of 170 shall be considered for admission.
- No candidate with an average score of less than each of the Faculty’s cut-off marks as in three(3) below, shall be considered for admission.
- Pre-Degree graduates or candidates who neither put EBSU as first nor second choice University shall not be considered for admission except JAMB permits of it.
- Direct Entry admission shall continue to take 10% of EBSU total quota.
- Direct Entry admission seekers whose O’level results are not screened online may not be considered for admission.
- A minimum of OND/OF Upper Credit shall continue to form basic criteria for Direct Entry admission into EBSU programmes.
2. Conference Admission:
The selection of candidates for admission/registration into undergraduate programmes shall continue to be by modified Conference arrangement whereby Department/Faculty lists are to be mandatorily presented with each Department/Faculty Admission Committee’s minutes (with duly signed, attendance lists of members).
N/B: Any list that falls short of the foregoing shall be discountenanced and an alternative list generated by the Management administratively.
Ebonyi State University Abakaliki (EBSU) general cut – off point for the 2020/2021 admission is 160 (one hundred and sixty) score in the JAMB/UTME. However, the minimum cut – off points required for admission/registration in the various programmes are available through the link below >> EBSU Post-UTME Admission Departmental Cut Off Marks 2020/2021
3. Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Merit Admission
The first choice of admission is to be guided by JAMB approved admission criteria as follows:
- Merit: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
- Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each programme shall be selected and Spread among the 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
- ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionary applied if constraints of the 2020/2021 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU as a State University permits. Meanwhile, be reminded that the states recognized to be educationally less developed include: Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
- JAMB approved UTME subject combinations for different courses in the brochure shall continue to be a yardstick for all admission selection.
- Physically Challenged candidates with acceptable minimum UTME (JAMB) score are to be given preferential treatment.